Oct 26 2016
A short video in which I discuss poetry, mysticism, and transformation, exploring ideas, such as–
– There is something inherently esoteric in all poetry
– Poetry is the natural language of mystical experience
– Poetry affects thought patterns and rhythm of breath
– Poetry and trance
– Poetry is built of words, which are built of breath
– We participate in the poet’s breath
– Poetry can convey sacred experience directly
From a 2008 interview with Ivan M. Granger by the Ecstatic Arts and Theater Project
The Poetry Chaikhana
Poetry from all the world’s great religious and spiritual traditions. Explore by poet, tradition, theme, or timeline.
The Longing in Between: Sacred Poetry from Around the World
An anthology of sacred poetry edited with commentary by Ivan M. Granger — including this haiku by Issa.
Theme Music by The Yuval Ron Ensemble. Used by permission.
Copyright 2016 Poetry Chaikhana